People ask me all the time what makes Storeboard different? Sure there is a lot of functionality you can't find elsewhere on the Internet. Only Storeboard combines so many great features and functions all into one site! But what REALLY makes Storeboard different is our Guiding Principles. I want to share them with you because these principles guide our coding every day! Thanks for being part of this special community and let me know what you think about our Guiding Principles
Storeboard's Guiding Principles
1. Make Advertising and Promotion Less Expensive For Businesses. Storeboard seeks to create innovative and free ways for businesses to get their message out to prospective customers.
2. Even The Playing Field - Storeboard requires all business to use the same profile format and make search results consumer driven empowering the consumer to use search filters. Other sites elevate paid advertisers or favor large companies with big advertising budgets. Storeboard empowers every company - big or small.
3. Allow Freedom of Expression - Storeboard allows Members to post what they want assuming it does not violate community standards. Anti Spam measures have become an excuse to limit small companies from getting their message out there on social network and favor large big brands who can afford to pay advertising fees to the larger networks. One man's spam is another man's livelihood!
4. Create a Positive, Pro Business Environment - Storeboard makes it easy for businesses to post their marketing, and promotional materials and allows them to share everything on over 300 websites. Everything you post on Storeboard gets catalogued by media type, category, and location! Looking for a Landscaping Video in Sydney, Australia? You'll find that and more on Storeboard!
5. Add Features and Functionality That Help Small Businesses - Storeboard is always trying to create ways to empower Businesses to market themselves and save money! For example, Businesses can convert their Profile into business cards, stationary, and envelopes. Businesses can Powershare whatever they post and share it on 4 social networks with the click of a button.
6. Promote Commerce and Business Around the World! The Internet has knocked down walls and Storeboard seeks to connect it! Every week Storeboard publishes What's Happening Around the World to foster a world view. Storeboard also supports and empowers businesses around the World to connect online believing that if we all do business together, there is more at stake and that will foster peace.
7. Feature Inspirational, Positive, and Interesting Writers, Artists and Contributors - Storeboard features some great writers, artists, and thinkers. Storeboard promotes positive, thoughtful, and inspirational discourse. Hopefully, every time you visit Storeboard, you learn something new or your life is impacted in a positive way.
8. Promote Respect For All Human Beings - Storeboard believes in human dignity and respecting everyone - period. Accordingly, Storeboard is in favor of human rights, same sex marriage, freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, and is opposed to racism, discrimination, terrorism, bullying, and anything that brings down the human spirit.
9. Promote Social Media as a Powerful Tool For Social Change - Storeboard joins Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter as a major social media site and seeks to promote social networks in general by working with all social media sites. Storeboard creates functionality to work in conjunction with all social networks and to promote their ability to empower people and small businesses around the world.
10. Do Good! It's not enough to do no harm. Storeboard seeks to be a powerful force of good driving down the cost of connecting between businesses and people, foster peace, inspire the downtrodden, inspire people to do good, show respect to their fellow human beings, and create a better World!